South Australian Wine Bottlers (SAWB) own and operate a state-of-the-art bottling facility in Beverley, South Australia, strategically located close to the Outer Harbour port facility. The bottling line comprises brand new MBF equipment and is capable of bottling up to 9,000 bottles an hour. With excellent local staff who are dedicated and passionate SAWB has a major focus on bottling quality.
No longer do you have to think about ordering, wastage or running out of dry goods. At SAWB, we take care of everything for you. Our packaging materials are supplied by companies that are approved by the Wine Packers of Australia association.
Our dedicated winemaker provides technical support to bottling operations for pre and post bottling analysis, as well as analytical support for all cellar adjustments, We also have the ability to blend wine to suit your brand’s characteristics and customer preferences.
Our Managing Director is a board member on the Australian Wine Packers Association and takes pride in our manufacturing quality and consistency. Our line is HACCP and Organic certified, which means we have to undertake rigorous quality assurance practices throughout the whole facility.
Our purchasing team is here to support you, sourcing dry goods from quality local businesses at the optimum price and quality that best suits your brand.
- GLASS – THE FULL RANGE OF OI AND ORORA BOTTLES
- CARTONS – A RANGE OF PLAIN CARTONS IN BOTH 6 X 750ML AND 12 X 750ML
- DIVIDERS – CARDBOARD 160MM AND 275MM TALL
- CAPSULES – WE CAN SUPPLY PLAIN CAPSULES IN POLYLAMINATE, TIN OR IN SCREW CAP FROM A RANGE OF APPROVED SUPPLIERS
- CORK – WE OFFER PRINTED OR PLAIN CORK FROM 1 + 1 TO REF 1, 2 AND 2/3 NATURAL CORK. PRINTED CORKS ARE MADE TO ORDER AND TAKE APPROX. 2 WEEKS
- SCREWCAPS – WE OFFER PRINTED OR PLAIN SCREWCAPS. PRINTED SCREWCAPS ARE MADE TO ORDER AND TAKE APPROX. 6 WEEKS
We perform extensive quality control checks on-line during the bottling and packaging process, with a dedicated quality control staff member on each shift.
- EXTENSIVE STERILISATION AND SANITATION PROCESSES AND MICROBIOLOGICAL VERIFICATIONS.
- DISSOLVED OXYGEN, ALCOHOL, SULPHUR, PH AND TA
- SCREW CAP TORQUE AND BUBBLE TESTING
- FILL VOLUME CHECKS
- VACUITY (HEADSPACE) MEASUREMENT
- IN BOTTLE VACUUM CHECKS (CORK CLOSURES)
- LABEL GAP AND HEIGHT CHECKS
- COMPLETE CARTON, TOTAL INSPECTION AGAINST WORK ORDER